The Indian Navy has released a notification for Apprentice Jobs in 2023, providing an opportunity for individuals seeking to join the defense forces. The organization is inviting applications for the post of ITI Trade Apprentice, with a total of 275 positions available.
The application process commenced recently and is open until the 1st of January 2024. Interested candidates should note that the mode of application is offline, and the application form can be downloaded from the official website, indiannavy.nic.in.
The complete details have been notified along with the release of the official Notification. To know the details about Indian Navy Recruitment, go through the below overview table.
|No. of Posts:||275|
|Advt No.||DAS (V) / 01 / 23|
|Selection Process:||Written Exam & Interview|
|Job Location:||All India|
|Telegram Job Alert||Join Here|
|Get Job Alerts on WhatsApp||Join Here|
Applications are invited from ITI-qualified INDIAN national candidates for Apprenticeship Training in the following designated trades for a period of one year at Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, [DAS (Vzg)] for the training batch 2024-25 in accordance with Apprentices Act 1961 read in conjunction with Apprenticeship Rules 1992 as amended from time to time:-
ITI Trade Apprentice: 275 Posts
Applicant should have completed SSC/ Matric/ Std X with a minimum of 50% marks & ITI (NCVT/ SCVT) in relevant Trade with an aggregate of 65% marks.
Age Limit: No upper age restriction for apprenticeship training as per Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) office memorandum No. F.No. MSDE-14(03)/2021 AP-(PMU) dated 20 Dec 21. The minimum age is 14 years and for hazardous occupations, it is 18 years according to ‘The Apprentices Act 1961. Accordingly, candidates born on or before 02 May 2010 are eligible.
1. Shortlisting of Candidates for Written Exam: Shortlisting of candidates for the issue of call, letters would be undertaken based on marks secured in SSC/Matriculation and ITI, in a ratio of 70:30 and a merit list will be drawn up. Call letters for appearing in the written examination will be sent to the shortlisted applicants in the ratio of 1:5 against existing vacancies in each trade and category to maintain reservation quota as per extant guidelines.
2. Written Examination: OMR-based written examination comprises 50 Multiple Choice Questions (Mathematics 20, General Science 20, General
Knowledge 10) in the English language with each question carrying one and a half (11⁄2) marks would be conducted for a duration of one hour at DAS (Vzg) campus. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
3. Interview. Candidates in the order of merit of written examination would be called for interview in the ratio of 1:2 against existing vacancies in each trade and category.
Stipend: Admissibility of monthly stipend is based on Section 13 of ‘The Apprentices Act 1961 and ‘The Apprenticeship Rules 1992 read in conjunction with ‘The Apprenticeship (amendment) Rules 2019’ and Apprenticeship (amendment) Rules, 2022. These are briefly Rs.7700/- for one year and Rs.8050/- for two years of ITI certificate holders.
How to Apply?
Below we have the steps to apply for the posts for the ease of candidates:
- Candidates have to first register themselves in the online portal at www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in under the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) mandatorily.
- Fill up all basic details like name, DOB, valid e-mail address, mobile number etc. correctly and submit. Post submission, a system-generated auto mail would be received through e-mail for profile activation. Activate profile to complete registration.
- After registration, login to www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in. web portal with the username (registered mail id) and password.
- Click on ‘Apprenticeship Opportunities’ in the home page and click on ‘Search by Establishment Name’ from menu and enter “NAVAL DOCKYARD” (Establishment ID: E08152800002) in capital letters and select Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
- “Apply” against the desired trade. Any further instructions may be followed as per the apprenticeship portal guidelines.
- After applying for trade, take a printout of the complete profile for forwarding to DAS (Vzg) along with the application.
- The apprentice profile, two original hall tickets and all relevant documents along with the check-off list placed at Annexure-II of this advertisement indicating the status of enclosed documents are required to be forwarded in an envelope cover (Write trade name on the application envelop cover) to
“The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, VM Naval Base S.O., P.O., Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” by Post.