CSS Scholarship 2023: The Ministry of Education (MoE) is inviting online applications for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Yojna (PM USP CSSS) 2023. Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), scholarships.gov.in.
Candidates can check more details about CSS Scholarship 2023 below.
|Scheme Closing Date||Open till 31-12-2023|
|Defective Application Verification Date||Open till 15-01-2024|
|Institute Verification||Open till 15-01-2024|
|DNO/SNO/MNO Verification||Opening Soon|
- To be eligible for the scholarship, students need to score above 80% in the Class 12 board exam or equivalent.
- They must be admitted to regular degree courses (not correspondent or distance education or diploma courses) at recognised institutes.
- They should not be availing the benefit of any other scholarship schemes, including state scholarships, fee waiver and reimbursement schemes.
- The parental/family income of the applicant should not be more than ₹4.5 lakh. They will have to produce the income certificate while applying for the first time.
Total Number of scholarships
The scholarships are awarded to a maximum of 82,000 students every year for pursuing graduate/postgraduate degrees in colleges and universities and for professional courses like Medical and Engineering.
The 82,000 scholarships are divided among state boards based on the population of the age group 18-25 years in the state, after segregating shares of CBSE and ICSE. Fifty percent of the scholarships go to girls.
Of the total scholarships allotted in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, three percent are earmarked for the students of Ladakh.
Amount of the CSS scholarship
- The rate of scholarship is ₹12,000 per annum at graduation level for the first three years. At post post-graduation level, the amount is ₹20,000 per annum.
- In the case of professional courses, the amount is ₹20,000 in the fourth and fifth years.
- For B.Tech, Engineering courses duration of which is four years, students will get ₹20,000 in the fourth year.
|Official Notification / Guidelines||NOTIFICATION PDF|
|Apply Online||APPLY LINK|