Chief Secretary Arun Kumar Mehta announced government subsidies on rooftop solar panels and solar-powered pumps.
He praised the J&K Energy Development Agency (JAKEDA) for organizing a Solar Expo to raise awareness about the benefits of rooftop solar plants.
The expo is being held in collaboration with renewable energy vendors and other departments.
Mehta encouraged more awareness camps and expos across J&K to inform people about rooftop solar plants and the KUSUM scheme.
The government aims to reduce dependence on fossil fuels by promoting renewable energy sources. The generation of solar energy through rooftop solar programs will offset power requirements and help Power Discoms provide quality power.
Renewable energy is clean, cost-effective, and beneficial for both domestic and agricultural purposes. The Science and Technology department is actively promoting these schemes.
The rooftop solar scheme offers subsidies up to 65 percent, while the PM-KUSUM scheme provides up to 80 percent subsidies for solar-powered pumps.
Farmers can choose between AC/DC surface and submersible pumps for irrigation purposes, with the government bearing 80 percent of the machinery cost.
|JK Chrome Telegram Group (Fast Updates)||Telegram Group|
|Follow on Google News||Google News|
|Like Facebook Page|
|Follow on LinkedIn|
|Follow on Twitter|
|Follow on Instagram|
More News For You:
- MeT predicts rains today across Jammu and Kashmir
- Upper Age Limit Extended for JKAS Aspirants
- 3000 Islamic books, seminary building gutted in Lolab fire incident
- Widespread rains from tomorrow in J-K: MeT
- 5.2 Earthquake Jolts Kashmir Valley
- Teacher uses ‘unknown software’ for fake attendance in north Kashmir
- Yasin Malik’s Death Penalty Plea: Kashmiri Politicians Want Reconsideration in Case
- Musk’s startup gets go-ahead for human test of brain implants
- UPSC 2022: 29 Muslim candidates crack merit list
- Minor critically injured in Kerosene Tank Blast