In preparation for the upcoming G20 meeting in Srinagar, elite Marine Commandos (MARCOS) have been deployed in Dal Lake, and CRPF personnel are conducting security checks along the lake banks.
The MARCOS unit will patrol the lake regularly until the conclusion of the G20 event.
The picturesque Dal Lake, known for its beauty and cultural significance, attracts visitors from around the world, and safeguarding it during the high-profile summit is of utmost importance.
The MARCOS unit, renowned for their specialized training and advanced equipment, is well-equipped to handle any challenging situations that may arise.
Their expertise in waterborne operations and close-quarter combat makes them an ideal force to ensure the security of Dal Lake, which features houseboats, shikaras, and floating markets.
The security arrangements for the G20 summit in Srinagar include the involvement of the NSG (National Security Guard) and J&K Police’s special operation group (SoG), as well as aerial surveillance through the use of drones.
|JK Chrome Telegram Group (Fast Updates)||Telegram Group|
|Follow on Google News||Google News|
|Like Facebook Page|
|Follow on LinkedIn|
|Follow on Twitter|
|Follow on Instagram|
More News For You:
- MeT predicts warmer days in J&K
- Srinagar, Jammu metro project rollout likely this year
- Weather stabilises in J&K as temperatures rise
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours
- Kashmiri student found dead in Kolkatta college hostel
- After days of rain, mainly clear weather forecast in J&K till June 12
- Odisha train derailment: Death toll reach 233
- Govt announces summer break for Jammu schools
- Poultry Prices Soar in Kashmir, Authorities Silent
- Power Shutdown Notified for Various Kashmir Parts, Details Here