All PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be deactivated after June 30th, 2021.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar will help in tackling the problem of multiple PAN cards issued in the same name. Your income tax return form would not be processed if your PAN is not linked with Aadhaar.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card Online
Linking a PAN card with an Aadhaar card is a very simple process and the government has provided various methods to do that:-
How to Link PAN with Aadhaar Online through e-Filing Website
People can Link PAN with Aadhar online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1. Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links.
- Step 2. Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number.
- Step 3. Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card.
- Step 4. In case, if only the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card and you have to tick the square.
- Step 5. Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’.
- Step 6. Now, enter the ‘Captcha Code’ mentioned in the image for the verification.
- Step 7. You need to click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
- Step 8. A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card.
How to Link PAN with ADHAAR by sending an SMS
In order to link PAN with Aadhaar, follow these steps:
- You have to type a message in the format UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
Correction Facility for Linking your PAN with Aadhar Card
PAN and Aadhar card linking is successful only when all your details in both documents match. In case there are errors such as spelling mistakes in your name, your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar.
You can make changes by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or through the portal of NSDL PAN. In case there are errors, you can get them corrected by following these steps:
PAN CARD CORRECTION
- The user can correct his PAN details using the NSDL website.
- The NSDL link redirects to the page where you can apply for the correction of your name Submit signed digital documents to get your PAN details updated.
- Once your details are corrected in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL over a mail, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
ADHAAR CARD CORRECTION
- Step 1: Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
- Step 2: Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of Identity
- Step 3: Fill the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Step 4: Submit the form along with the documents
- Step 5: You will get an acknowledgement slip that contains the update request number
- Step 6: This URN can be used to check the status of your update request
- Step 7: Once your update request is processed and the name is corrected, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
How to Check if my PAN Card is Linked with Aadhaar Card or not
To check PAN-Aadhaar link status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page.
- Step 2. Enter your PAN Number.
- Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar Number.
- Step 4: Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button.
- Step 5: You Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen.