INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022: is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for Ph.D. degree holders.
The fellowship is provided to meritorious young Indian students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level. With the help of this scheme, the candidates can pursue research careers in basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences. The selected fellows will receive a consolidated amount of INR 1,25,000 per month and other awards.
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022
- To be eligible, an applicant must be an Indian citizen or person of Indian origin with PIO.
- 32 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for general category), 37 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for SC/ST/Women candidates) , 42 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability).
- Have a Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine or Agriculture-related subjects from any recognised university in the world.
- Have obtained 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile, starting from the Senior Secondary Examination (class 12).
- Have publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating the outstanding research potential.
- Be within the top 1% in class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, and 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations
- The candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India can also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- The candidates, who get selected for regular position in any institute/university after submission of the IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- The selected fellows will receive a consolidated fellowship of INR 1,25,000 per month as fellowship with an annual increment of INR 2,000.
- In addition, a research grant of INR 7 lakhs every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate.
Note: The consolidated amount of INR 1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
How to apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022?
The eligible candidate can apply for the position through the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website: www.online-inspire.gov.in.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Register here’ on the right side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Click and complete the form by filling in the relevant details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, then directly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 4: After successfully registering, log in with a valid login ID and password.
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the supporting documents and submit the application form.
- Application Starting Date – 1st July 2022
- Application Deadline – 15th August 2022
The selection will be based on fulfilling the eligibility criteria and the fellowship will be confirmed only after the Ph.D. degree is awarded.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications must be submitted through online mode only. The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years.
- No Fellow should avail of two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period. The application will not be accepted in any other mode except online mode.
- Please do not send the application or any other documents by Post. Incomplete or wrongly filled-up applications or applications lacking essential documents will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the submitted online application for their own records. Do not submit more than one application.
- Please ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before submitting it.
- Any legal proceedings in respect to any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or application can be lodged only in Delhi Courts/Tribunals/Forums. Delhi Courts/Tribunal/Forums only shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any case/dispute.