Jammu and Kashmir recorded a major drop in temperature while as weather department on Sunday forecast more rain, thunderstorm and lightning at most places of the Kashmir Valley and many places of the Jammu region during late afternoon and evening.
“Hailstorm with gusty winds are also expected at a few places,” said an official of the meteorological department, as reported by GNS.
On May 8, he said, rain and thunderstorm was expected at many places of J&K with the possibility of “hailstorm and gusty wind at one or two places.”
He said mainly dry weather was expected on May 9-12.
He advised farmers to postpone spraying of orchards and harvesting of crops till May 8.
Tourists have been asked to keep warm clothes and eatables ready as the weather will be colder till May 8.
Regarding temperature, he said, Srinagar recorded a low of 6.5°C against 10.4°C on the previous night and it was 4.2°C above normal for the summer capital.
Qazigund, he said, recorded a low of 5.2°C against 8.0°C on the previous night and it was below normal by 4.0°C for the gateway town of Kashmir.
Pahalgam, he said, recorded a low of 2.1°C against 5.4°C on previous night and it was 3.4°C above normal for the famous tourist resort in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
Kokernag recorded a low of 4.2°C against 8.2°C on the previous night and it was 5.0°C below normal for the place, the officials said.
Gulmarg recorded a low of 0.4°C against 4.0°C on the previous night and it was 4.8°C below normal for the world-famous skiing resort in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, he said.
In Kupwara town, he said, the mercury settled at 6.3°C against 7.4°C as on the previous night and it was 3.0°C below normal for the north Kashmir area.
Jammu recorded a low of 16.1°C against 19.7°C on the previous night and it was 6.9°C below normal for J&K’s winter capital, he said.
Banihal recorded a low of 6.3°C (below normal by 4.6°C), Batote 8.3°C (4.5°C below normal), Katra 13.8°C (5.9°C below normal) and Bhaderwah 6.7°C (below normal by 2.9°C). Ladakh’s Leh recorded a low of minus 0.8°C, he added.
|JK Chrome Telegram Group (Fast Updates)||Telegram Group|
|Follow on Google News||Google News|
|Like Facebook Page|
|Follow on LinkedIn|
|Follow on Twitter|
|Follow on Instagram|
More News For You:
- Earthquake of 3.9 magnitude hits Ladakh
- Abaya Row: Vishwa Bharti principal denies any ban on Abaya, aplogises for any hurt caused
- JKBOSE Class 10th, 12th results will be out in second week of June
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather in J&K
- School principal arrested in molestation case in Srinagar
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather with chances of evening showers in J&K
- MeT predicts warmer days in J&K
- Srinagar, Jammu metro project rollout likely this year
- Weather stabilises in J&K as temperatures rise
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours