NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23: is an initiative for the Class 11 to Ph.D. for students of minority communities. The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
The selected candidates will receive admission/tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23:
- To be eligible, an applicant must belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi) .
- Be studying in Class 11,12, graduate, postgraduate, technical or vocational courses, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree.
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination.
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh from all the sources
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship in the following way
Rate of Scholarship Admission and Tuition Fee:
- Admission and tuition fee Class 11 and 12 – INR 7,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar).
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of 11 and 12 level (Courses of one or more years of duration) – INR 10,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar).
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level – INR 3,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- For Class 11 and 12 including Tech. & Voc. Course* – INR 380 per month for Hosteller & INR 230 per month for Day Scholar.
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level* – INR 570 per month for Hosteller & INR 300 per month for Day Scholar.
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.* – INR 1,200 per month for Hosteller & INR 550 per month for Day Scholar
Note: For 10 months in an academic year.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Student Photograph.
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student.
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet.
- Fee receipt of the current course year.
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card enrollment/Aadhaar Card.
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority.
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father.
How to apply NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Visit Official Website https://scholarships.gov.in/.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
- Last date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
- Last date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
Selection Criteria for NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23:
The candidates will be selected through the following criteria:
Fresh Application: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
Renewal Application: The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants’ application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.