NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23: is an initiative for the students of Class 1 to 10 of minority communities. The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
The selected candidates will receive admission/tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23:
- To be eligible, an applicant must belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians/Parsis).
- Be studying in Class 1 to 10 in India in a government or private school including residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administration.
- Have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources.
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship in the following way
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum.
- Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 1 to 5.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 600 per month for Hostellers and INR 100 per month for Day Scholars
- Student Photograph
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of the current course year
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government
- A self-certified community certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age (Note – For minors/below 18 years of age the community certificate certified by a parent/guardian is required.)
- Self-attested mark sheet indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at a higher secondary/graduation level
- Bank account number of the student with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (Note – The students who do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details). Aadhaar number of the student and if aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for aadhaar)
- Bonafide student certificate from School/Institute (Note – If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant.)
Note – The format of the file documents must be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
How to apply NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Visit Official Website https://scholarships.gov.in/.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
- Scholarship Closing Date: 30th September 2022
- Last date for defect verification: 16th October 2022
- Last date for Institute verification: 16th October 2022
Selection Criteria for NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23:
The candidates will be selected through the following criteria
Fresh Application: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
Renewal Application: The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants’ application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.