Officials reported that the search operation in the forested Kandi area of Rajouri district, aimed at tracking down terrorists, has entered its third day.
While no fresh contact has been established with the holed-up terrorists, significant developments have taken place.
Five Army personnel lost their lives due to an explosion triggered by the terrorists during a confrontation in the Kesari hill forest.
The terrorist responsible for an earlier attack in Dhangri village was neutralized, while another associate managed to escape.
The operation, code-named “Trinetra,” is ongoing with tight security in place, and extensive combing efforts continue to apprehend the remaining terrorist.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Army Chief General Manoj Pande, and Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha visited the area, emphasizing the gravity of the situation.
Despite Rajouri and Poonch being declared terrorism-free in the past, a surge of attacks has resulted in the unfortunate loss of 35 lives, including 26 soldiers since October 2021.
|JK Chrome Telegram Group (Fast Updates)||Telegram Group|
|Follow on Google News||Google News|
|Like Facebook Page|
|Follow on LinkedIn|
|Follow on Twitter|
|Follow on Instagram|
More News For You:
- Earthquake of 3.9 magnitude hits Ladakh
- Abaya Row: Vishwa Bharti principal denies any ban on Abaya, aplogises for any hurt caused
- JKBOSE Class 10th, 12th results will be out in second week of June
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather in J&K
- School principal arrested in molestation case in Srinagar
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather with chances of evening showers in J&K
- MeT predicts warmer days in J&K
- Srinagar, Jammu metro project rollout likely this year
- Weather stabilises in J&K as temperatures rise
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours