SSC Stenographer Notification 2023: The latest update from the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) brings good news for job seekers. The official notification for SSC Stenographer 2023 is now available on the official website, ssc.nic.in. Starting from August 2, 2023, you can submit your application online for the SSC Stenographer position. The last date to apply is August 23, 2023. There are 1207 vacancies available for Stenographers in various Group C and D posts. This is your chance to secure a promising position in the government sector.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2023
The recent SSC Stenographer Notice has revealed that the SSC Stenographer Exam for 2023 is scheduled for October 12th and 13th. This examination serves as the gateway for candidates to secure positions in Group C and D Non-gazetted roles within various Ministries, Departments, and Organizations of the Government of India.
For a comprehensive understanding of the SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam, we’ve provided an in-depth discussion within this article. You can also access the SSC Stenographer Notification 2023 PDF through the link provided below in the article.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Overview
Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has invited online applications for direct recruitment to the 1200+ posts of Stenographer Grades ‘C’ & ‘D’ in various Ministries/Departments/Organizations including their Attached offices, Subordinate offices and Statutory bodies of the Government of India located in various States and Union Territories.
To offer you a quick overview, we have listed the key information about Recruitment below:
|Organisation||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2023|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Registration Dates||2nd August 2023 – 23rd August 2023|
|Exam Date||12th & 13th October 2023|
|Exam Mode||CBT & Skill Test|
|Selection process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Important Dates
The eagerly awaited SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification was unveiled on August 2nd, 2023. This announcement highlights important dates for applying to the SSC Stenographer 2023 position, along with crucial details. Let’s have a look into the significant dates for SSC Stenographer 2023 for Group C and D roles.
|Notification Date||2nd August 2023|
|Online Application Start Date||2nd August 2023|
|Online Application Last Date||23rd August 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for making fee payment (Online)||23rd August 2023 (11 pm)|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges||24th & 25th August 2023 (11 pm)|
|Admit Card Release date||—–|
|Exam Date for Grade C and D officers||12th & 13th October 2023|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2023
|Category||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Stenographer Grade ‘D’|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Online Application Fee
Here is the SSC Stenographer application fee for all categories. For successful submission of their SSC Stenographer 2023 application, candidates are required to pay the stated application fee. Please note that the application form will not be considered valid without the payment of the SSC Stenographer 2023 Online Application Fee.
How to Apply Online for SSC Stenographer 2023?
Follow the given steps to submit the SSC Stenographer Application form 2023
- Click on the apply link, provided below or visit the official website.
- Then click the Registration Part Section.
- After this, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Ensure to enter personal, professional, and basic information in the form correctly and press submit button.
- Then upload the scanned photo, signature as well as a certificate in the form.
- After registration gets over, you will be provided with the registration ID as well as a password on your phone or your email address.
- If you are already registered then there is no need for an OTR form. You can simply sign in and enter the registered address and password.
- After doing this, click on apply button.
- Fill out the application form along with the attached scanned photo and sign.
- Make payment of the application form if eligible.
- Before form submission, check the details carefully and then submit the form.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online Link
The SSC Stenographer Application Form for 2023 can be submitted from August 2, 2023, till August 23, 2023. If you’re interested in being part of the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023, you can access the direct SSC Stenographer Application Link for 2023 right here.
|Official Notification of SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023||Download PDF|
|Application Link for Stenographer Recruitment 2023||Apply Link for SSC Steno|
|Syllabus for SSC Stenographer||Download PDF|
|Previous Papers of Stenographer Group C & D Posts||Download PDF of PYQs|
|Study Material / Books / Notes for SSC Stenographer||Download Study Material for SSC Steno|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It’s important for candidates to be familiar with the eligibility criteria set for SSC Stenographer 2023 across the different positions. These criteria are outlined as follows:
To be eligible, an applicant should have completed at least 12th grade from a recognized Board or University. Additionally, the candidate should be prepared to furnish the necessary documents for verification upon successfully passing the SSC Stenographer Exam.
- For SSC Stenographer Grade C Exam 2023, it’s important to note that applicants should fall within the age range of 18 to 30 years.
- As for the SSC Stenographer Grade D Exam 2023, candidates need to be in the age bracket of 18 to 27 years old.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Selection Process
SSC or Staff Selection Commission conducts a Stenographer exam every year in two different stages, a Written Test and a Shorthand Skill Test
- The candidate must qualify for both stages of examination to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grades C and D.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test will have to appear for the shorthand test which is qualifying in nature.
SSC Stenographer 2023- Marking Scheme
- The time duration for SSC Stenographer Exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 200 of 200 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every incorrect response by the candidate.
- No marks will be awarded/deducted for unattempted questions.
- There will be negative markings in the shorthand skill test for the use of every incorrect word.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
If you’re getting ready for the Stenographer exam, it’s crucial to have a good understanding of the SSC Stenographer exam pattern. The SSC Stenographer exam is structured in two tiers. Let me break down the SSC Stenographer exam pattern for you:
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-2||Shorthand Skill Test||Transcription is to be done on computer and shorthand notes to be taken in shorthand notepads.|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for Tier I
In the first tier of the SSC Stenographer exam, you’ll be facing a total of 200 questions, carrying a maximum of 200 marks. You’ll have a time window of 2 hours to complete this stage. This tier is further divided into three sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language.
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice Objective type questions|
|Number of sections||3|
|Number of Questions||200|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Negative Marking||Yes. 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for Tier II
SSC Stenographer Skill Test is done on both Paper and Computer.
- During the shorthand test, you’ll use a Shorthand Notepad for note-taking, which you’ll later transcribe on a computer.
- For the skill test, you can opt for either English or Hindi as your language choice. Remember, you need to decide on the language when you’re filling out the form.
- If, however, you don’t make a language selection, it’s worth noting that the skill test will automatically be conducted in English.
The candidates will be dictated a passage at the following speed.
- For Stenographer Group ‘D’: 80 words per minute (w.p.m) for 8 Minutes
- For Stenographer Group ‘C’: 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for 10 Minutes
After taking down the shorthand notes the candidates will have to transcribe the same on the computer. The Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration||Time Duration for candidates |
who are allowed the scribe
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50 Minutes||70 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||65 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40 Minutes||55 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||55 Minutes||75 Minutes|
Qualifying Criteria For SSC Stenographer Skill Test
The candidates will first have to secure a cut-off in SSC Stenographer CBT set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographers in Grades C and Grade D.
- The candidate securing higher marks will be selected to appear for the Grade C as well as the Grade D Exam of the Skill Test, which will be the Tier II Exam.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographers in Grade C and Grade D.
Permissible Mistake out of total words:
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus – Tier 1
The syllabus for the SSC Stenographer exam covers a range of subjects, including General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language & Comprehension. If you’re considering taking the exam, it’s important to familiarize yourself with all the specific topics included in each of these subjects. Here’s a breakdown of the Tier I syllabus by topic:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Classification|
Paper Folding Method
Direction and Distance
|General Awareness||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.)|
Books and Authors
People in News.
|English Comprehension||Reading Comprehension|
Fill in the Blanks
Phrases and Idioms
One word Substitution
SSC Stenographer Syllabus For Skill Test – Tier II
Those who successfully pass the SSC Stenographer Computer-Based Test (CBT) will have the opportunity to participate in the Shorthand Skill Test. It’s important to note that the Skill Test is designed as a qualifying round. For Grade D candidates, a passage of 800 words will be provided, while Grade C candidates will receive a passage of 1000 words.
The possible topics for the English/Hindi sections of the SSC Stenographer Skill Test can include:
- The speech was given in the Parliament
- President’s Speech
- Budget Speech
- Railway Speech
- Employment/Unemployment in India
- Topics of National interest
- Topics on Science and Technology
- Topics on Natural Calamities
- Topics given in the Editorial Columns of Newspapers
For Grade ‘C’ candidates, there will be a 10-minute dictation in either English or Hindi, with a speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m). Grade ‘D’ candidates will have a dictation of 10 minutes at a speed of 80 w.p.m.
After the dictation, candidates will be required to transcribe it on the computer within the specified time limits. The allotted time for transcription is as follows:
For Stenographer Grade ‘D’:
- 50 minutes for English
- 65 minutes for Hindi
For Stenographer Grade ‘C’:
- 40 minutes for English
- 55 minutes for Hindi
SSC Stenographer 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for SSC Stenographer 2023 will be released on ssc.nic.in. It’s important to note that the admit card for the SSC Stenographer 2023 Computer-Based Test (CBT) Exam and the Skill Test will be issued separately. All candidates can download the admit card for SSC Stenographer Exam by using their unique registration number & password.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Result
The results for SSC Stenographer 2023 w each phase of the exam is completed. The result for CBT exam will be declared first followed by the final result(CBT + Skill Test). The final merit list will be based on the marks obtained by candidates in the mains exam. Candidates can check the SSC Stenographer Result & Cut-Off by clicking on the link mentioned below.
The SSC Stenographer 2023 results will be released after each stage of the examination is completed. The result of the Computer Based Test (CBT) will be declared initially, followed by the final combined result (CBT + Skill Test). The final merit list will be formulated based on candidates’ scores in the main examination.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Cut-Off
The Cut-Off for SSC Stenographer 2023 will be declared once the result for the same has been announced by Staff Selection Commission of India. To get an insight into the upcoming SSC Stenographer Cut-Off 2023, let’s have a look at the previous year cut-off for the exam.
The SSC Stenographer 2023 cutoff will be declared once the result by the Staff Selection Commission of India is announced. let’s have a look on the cutoff from the previous year examination.
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam Centre
Candidates have the option to select Exam Centres for SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam. Centres might be changed by SSC if there is an unavailability of seats in the selected location.
Let’s have a look at the Exam Centres mentioned by SSC for SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam:
|Agra (3001)||Allahabad (3003)||Kanpur (3009)||Guna(6004)|
|Lucknow (3010)||Varanasi (3013)||Bhagalpur||Raipur(6204)|
|Gangtok (4001)||Ranchi(4205)||Jalpaiguri (4408)||Kolkata (4410)|
|Sambalpur (4609)||Port Blair (4802)||Surat(7007)||Leh(1005)|
|Srinagar(2004) (Uttarakhand)||Madurai (8204)||Visakhapatnam (8007)||Indore(6006)|
|Bhatinda (1401)||Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206)||Ajmer(2401)||Haldwani(2003)|
|Raipur (6204)||Dharwad (9004)||Sriganganagar(2408)||Jammu(1004)|
|Mangaluru (9008)||Udaipur(2409)||Bilaspur (6202)||Ahmedabad(7001)|
- Q1. When will SSC release Stenographer 2023 Notification?
Ans. The SSC Stenographer Notification 2023 was released on August 2nd, 2023.
- Q2. What is the scheduled date for the SSC Stenographer 2023 CBT Exam?
Ans. The SSC Stenographer 2023 CBT Exam is scheduled for October 12th and 13th, 2023.
- Q3. What is the negative marking for SSC Stenographer Exam 2023?
Ans. Yes, the negative marking for the SSC Stenographer Exam 2023 is 1/3rd of marks for each incorrect answer.
- Q4. What is the Selection Process for SSC Stenographer 2023?
Ans. The final selection of candidates will be based on their marks obtained in the written test, while candidates also have to qualify the shorthand skill test.
- Q5. What are the SSC Stenographer Online Application dates?
Ans. The SSC Stenographer Online application dates are from August 2nd to August 23rd, 2023.