At least persons, both non-locals died while nine more were injured in a road accident in the Barsoo area of Awantipora on Thursday.
Quoting an official, KNO reported that an accident took place on National Highway near Goripora bridge when a tempo coming from Jammu to Srinagar bearing registration number no Jk06/3355 turned turtle.
In the incident two persons died on the spot while nine more were injured and have been shifted to PHC Awantipora for treatment, he said.
Those who lost their lives have been identified as Lakshman Dumka residents of Jharkhand amd Suman Devi Chatterpure, resident of Madhya Pradesh.
Meanwhile, bodies have been shifted to SDH Pampore while further proceedings have been initiated.
Police have registered a case and further investigation have been taken up.
|JK Chrome Telegram Group (Fast Updates)||Telegram Group|
|Follow on Google News||Google News|
|Like Facebook Page|
|Follow on LinkedIn|
|Follow on Twitter|
|Follow on Instagram|
More News For You:
- Earthquake of 3.9 magnitude hits Ladakh
- Abaya Row: Vishwa Bharti principal denies any ban on Abaya, aplogises for any hurt caused
- JKBOSE Class 10th, 12th results will be out in second week of June
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather in J&K
- School principal arrested in molestation case in Srinagar
- MeT forecasts mainly dry weather with chances of evening showers in J&K
- MeT predicts warmer days in J&K
- Srinagar, Jammu metro project rollout likely this year
- Weather stabilises in J&K as temperatures rise
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours