The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the UGC NET December 2023 registration process to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC – NET December 2023 for ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ and eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ in 83 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
UGC NET 2023 Notification
The NTA has officially published the UGC NET 2023 Notification, which allows candidates to apply for the UGC NET Exam 2023 from 30 September 2023, and 31 October 2023. The last date to pay the application fees for the UGC NET 2023 is 31 October 2023 and the correction window will remain open on 01 Nov 2023.
Interested and eligible candidates must register for the UGC NET December 2023 Exam at the official website (ugcnet.nta.nic.in) to complete the UGC NET application process.
UGC NET 2023 Notification Overview
UGC NET exam 2023 is conducted twice every year. Interested candidates can check the full specifications about the UGC NET December 2023, Syllabus and qualification, etc. From the below table, you can get quick information about the UGC NET Exam and all.
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Duration||180 minutes (03 hours) No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Fee Payable by Candidates||General/Unreserved||Rs. 1150/-|
|Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL**||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 325/-|
|Processing charges and goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|UGC NET Official Website||ugcnet.nta.nic.in or www.nta.ac.in or https://ugcnet.ntaonline.in/|
UGC NET 2023 Exam Date
The exam is scheduled to take place from 6 December to 22 December 2023. Candidates can access the UGC NET Exam Schedule through the table provided.
|UGC NET Notification 2023||30 September 2023|
|UGC NET Application Begins||30 September 2023|
|UGC NET Last Date to Apply||31 October 2023 (Extended)|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||31 October 2023 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|UGC NET 2023 Application Correction Date||01 November to 03 November 2023 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|UGC NET Exam Date 2023||6 December to 22 December 2023|
|UGC NET Result 2023||To be Notified|
UGC NET 2023 Exam Schedule
The UGC NET Exam 2023 with timing and shifts schedule is in the below table.
|UGC NET Exam Date||6 December – 22 December 2023|
|Shift||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||09.00 am- 12.00 pm||02.00 pm- 6.00 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours|
|Entry into the Examination Centre||7.20 am – 8.30 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||7.20 am – 8.30 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Test Commences||9.00 am||3.00 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.00 pm||6.00 pm|
How To Fill UGC NET Application Form 2023?
UGC NET Application form 2023 is released. Candidates can fill out the UGC NET Application Form by following the given steps.
Step I: Registration Page
Fill in the basic information and note down the system-generated Application No.
- Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/University Certificate in capital letters
- Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as mentioned in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate.
- Mobile Number and e-mail Address – Candidates must provide their own Mobile Number and e-mail address.
Note: Only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application.
Step II: Fill in the complete UGC NET December Exam Form
- Personal information: includes, name, gender, parents’ name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Permanent address: includes address, pin code, state code district, etc.
- Educational Qualification: the applicant is required to fill in the details of educational qualification which include the Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, percentage of marks required, etc.
- -After all the details are filled in, candidates need to click on the “Next” button.
Step III: Uploading of scanned images & Signature
- The candidate’s Photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format only
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb. The photograph need not be attested.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb. The candidate should put his full signature in running handwriting on white paper with a Black Ink pen and scan it for uploading.
- Spectacles are allowed only if being used regularly.
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not acceptable.
- The same Passport-size photograph is to be used for uploading with the Online Application Form and for pasting on the Attendance Sheet at the Examination Centre.
Step IV: Payment of Fee and Status of Receipt of Online Application Form with Fee. Make a payment of fee through SBI /Syndicate/HDFC /ICICI Payment Gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/Paytm) and keep proof of fee paid.
Download save and print a copy of the Confirmation Page after successful remittance of the fee for your record and future reference.
Note: The particulars entered can be edited before the final submission of the Application Form.
UGC NET 2023 Application Fee
The UGC NET 2023 Application Fee varies category-wise. The application fee once paid, is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. Candidates can pay the UGC NET Application fee online by Credit Card, Debit Card or net banking. Candidates can also pay with the help of a bank challan by branch or online. Fee details are as follows.
|Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL**||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 325/-|
Note: Processing charges and goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must apply after reading the eligibility criteria to appear in the UGC NET December 2023 exam. Interested candidates must check the UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the UGC NET form. Read the below points Here are the broad pointers:
UGC NET 2023 Qualification
- Candidates who are pursuing their master’s degree equivalent courses or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying master’s degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed can appear in the UGC NET 2023 Examination.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test.
- For Reserved Category: The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- For Transgender Candidates: The transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age, and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
UGC NET 2023 Age Limit and Relaxation
There is No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor. According to the latest UGC NET Official Notification 2023, there is no age limit to apply for this form. Yet candidates must read the complete UGC NET 2023 Notification PDF properly before applying for the form.
|UGC NET Age Limit 2023|
|Posts||Unreserved Category||SC/ST/OBC/PWD||Candidates with L.L.M. Degree|
|UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship||30 years||35 years||33 years|
|UGC NET Assistant Professor||No age limit|
UGC NET 2023 Notification PDF
The candidates can check all the detailed information regarding the UGC NET December Exam, Exam Date, Syllabus, and Exam Pattern from the below link. Click the below link to download the NTA UGC NET December official notification. From the below link, candidates can check the UGC NET Notification pdf.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Apply Link
The candidate can fill out their UGC NET Application form 2023 for the December Cycle given the below-mentioned link.
|☛ Download Official Notification | Download PDF|
|☛ UGC NET 2023 Apply Online Link (Active)|
|Last Date Extention Notice|
UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern
As per the UGC NET Syllabus and Exam Pattern, the test will consist of two papers. Both papers will consist of only objective-type questions without breaks. In the below, table candidates must check all details about the New UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions (All Are Compulsory)||Duration (First Shift)||Duration (Second Shift)|
|I||100||50||1 Hr (9 am to 10 am)||1 Hr (3:00 pm to 4:00 pm)|
|II||200||100||2 Hr (10:00 am to 12:00 pm)||2 Hr (4 pm to 6 pm )|
- There are no negative marks for an incorrect response.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 2 marks.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered/Marked for Review
UGC NET 2023 Assistant Professor Salary
UGC NET Assistant Professor salary in the range of Rs 25000 to 50,000/- initially depending upon the university & the skills of the candidates.
UGC NET Salary For Junior Research Fellowship
- For the first two years, the fellowship of Rs 31000/- plus HRA (Depend on the institution)
- For the next three years. the fellowship of Rs 35000/- plus HRA (Depending on the institution)
UGC NET Selection Process
- The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots or Eligibility for Assistant Professor) shall be equal to 6% of the candidates who appeared in both the papers of NET.
- In order to be considered for ‘JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor and ‘Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for the General (Unreserved) categories candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the following reserved categories
UGC NET 2023 Cut Off
The NTA will release the UGC NET 2023 cut-off after the entrance test. Separate category-wise and subject-wise merit lists have been displayed on the official website. Below table we have mentioned the UGC NET cut-off marks for various categories as per last year’s trends:
|UGC NET 2023 Cut Off|
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks (in %)|
|Paper – I||Paper-II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2023 Exam E-Certificate
The University Grants Commission (UGC) will issue the E certificate to give honour to all the selected candidates in the UGC NET Exam 2023 December Cycle. The validity of the UGC NET E-certificate for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is 3 Years from the date of declaration of the result/ issuing of the certificate. There is no time limit for the E-certificate for the Assistant Professor post.